Photo Courtesy of Kaller Roofing’s Facebook
When you buy a house, it becomes the place where you and your family spend the bulk of your time. Therefore, it’s important to take care of it on the inside and the outside. Here at Kaller Roofing, the trusted roofing contractor on the Main Line, we understand that maintaining a house can be hard work. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some simple things that you can do to make your home a safe, enjoyable place to live all year round.
Each month, you should:
- Test your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector batteries and replace them if necessary.
- Replace your air conditioning or furnace filter.
- Check fire extinguishers to make sure that they are ready to use and not expired.
- Clean the debris out of your gutter to prevent it from getting clogged. After removing most of the debris, try spraying a hose into the gutter to remove any leftover dirt.
- Test all of your electrical outlets. To do so, just plug a light in. When you hit the “test” button, the light should turn off, and when you hit the “reset” button, it should come back on. If there seems to be a problem with the outlet, be sure to call a certified electrician.
- If you have a garbage disposal, pour some baking soda into it followed by hot water. This will clear out any food buildup.
A few times a year, you should:
- Inspect windows and doors to make sure that they aren’t damaged or weathered. Check to see that they close properly and that no air comes in. If necessary, add weather stripping or replace the window or door.
- Check your roof for loose shingles, which may cause roof leaks if not repaired. Examine your ceiling to make sure that there are no water stains, especially around skylights, chimneys, and vents. Also, do a thorough inspection of your basement to make sure that there in no water leaking into it.
- Have your chimney professionally cleaned to remove the black buildup that forms when wood burns. If there are any cracks or problem areas in your chimney, hire a licensed contractor to repair them.
When you follow these steps for maintaining your home, you’ll be less likely to experience costly home issues.
Hire Kaller Roofing To Be Your Main Line Roofing Contractor
If you need assistance with taking care of your home, the experts here at Kaller & Sons Contractors will be happy to help. We’re well-equipped to deal with many areas of home maintenance, including:
Would you like to find out why Kaller Roofing has been known as the roofing contractor Main Line residents can depend on since 1939? Give us a call today at 888-754-7663. We can’t wait to hear from you!